Saturday, September 03, 2005

wheeeeee~ long post!



Walao..stupid blogger. I bet it's torturing me on purpose, the mean machine! Now when I wanna add a photo, can add but before that when I tried to add proper photos..cannot add at all. Total rubbish!
Anyway, don't you think that this is the hottest and also the coolest ever pic of Avril Lavigne???! I just love it man..looking at that pic is enough to turn me into a lesbian. Not that I'm one though. Wahahaha!
Walao....this stupid blogger is seriously rubbish. When I wanna add pictures that I took with my phone...UNSUCCESSFUL. Nevermind, I'll stick to my more troublesome but still useful way.
*eh..I'll go rest for awhile ok? Brb*
Hey there! Back again..slightly more refreshed with a cup of cold water in my hand. Hate it when hot days like this never seem to end especially in this hostel where air-conditioning is non-existent in my room. Ahh...wearing headphones now too to avoid listening to Qiao Wen's yowling. Not that it's bad, I just don't feel like listening to it. Haha! =P
Yesterday was a nice day! My school celebrated Teacher's Day eventhough many schools celebrated it on Wednesday but the real Teacher's Day was on Thursday, 1/9/05. I must say that it is really cool to see that Singapore appreciates their teachers so much and actually made Teacher's Day a public holiday! How cool is that? You don't get that in Malaysia but then again, not every teacher in Malaysia is as dedicated as half the teachers here. Don't get me wrong, there were and are alot of wonderful teachers in Malaysia (Mr. Ooi, Pn. Chua, Pn. Ong, Mr Koh, Mr. Lee, Mr Goh, ..etc) but many are in fact very undedicated and would not care less even if you fell dead at their feet. hahaha! Though I wonder, why is Teacher's Day(TD) celebrated on the 1st of September in Singapore instead of the 16th May that I was so accustommed to? Why? Not only that, I also found out that Penang celebrated TD on a different day. Why can't the world just agree on one date and make everything easier for everyone? Sigh~ Anyway, the theme for yesterday's TD was probably "Hollywood" or something like that. Stars were printed with teacher's name on it and pasted on floors and staircases, trying to emulate the "Walk of Fame". However, this gave many an opportunity to stomp on their "favourite" teachers and have a kick out of it. Haha! If that wasn't enough, there was even a little " ACWOOD" on the slope near the East Lodges.
But before it all started, we were treated to some very gay Bodycombat to also celebrate Ace's Day where all the "kids" in Singapore exercise simultaneously. Haha! I wish I could show you the instructors: Janssen(the more gay one) and Jerry. They could be gay partners for all we know. Kekeke. Here's a little glimpse into Bodycombat. Think that but just more gay and more spastic. hahaha.I couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole session.
Anyway back to the TD celebration..ahh take a look at our hall, pain fully decked out in stars and sheets. When I said painful, I meant it was painful because the 30th Student Council took great pains decorating it for 3 days! What a lot of effort.



This was the stage before anything started. Quite boring in fact. Well, the wait was boring.


Here's picture that Penny took while we were waiting for the concert to start.

We started off with acapella performance which was seriously good. Bhangra performance was fantastic! The guy definitely knew how to shake his booty! Hahaha! I noticed maybe some teachers were a bit apprenhensive over the Bhangra dance as it was a tad strippish especially when they dancing on the table top. Hee hee..the others were rather mediocre except...when the new teachers performed a little something they thought up! They made this video where all of them acted as students and damn it was funny! Wished I had it here to show. Then later on stage, some dressed in the AC uniform while they sang their cleverly altered "Eternal Flame". Bloody cool that was!
After that, we gave our teachers brownies that we (Jian Nan, Penny, Kenneth and Chin Yen) baked. Oh yeah, I also gave all my teachers tealights that I decorated myself. Hee hee. Hope they'll like it. Erm..something to confess too. When Priya asked me to hold Madam Lim's brownie for a moment, I did. Then Yi Liang told me something that made me snort! And let's just say that I left a little something of mine on her brownie. ;P Hehehe! Yi Liang kept threatening to tell Madam while I was like "Shut up, Yi Liang! Ignorance is bliss!" Well..it's true what. Ignorance IS BLISS :P Better to let her enjoy her brownie in peace..maybe she'll find it EVEN tastier. Kekeke.

As for today..what did I do? Oh yeah, Chem remedial (is that how you spell remedial?) which I was LATE for! Supposed to get up at 6.30am but instead awoke at 7.15am. How typical of me. hee hee. All thanks to Chew for keeping me up till 2am..though it's not like I can't do that without her and caffeine. I believe I'm a natural nocturnal person. Hahaha! So yeah, late...missed breakfast..ran down the slope..yadiyadayada. Waited for bus. Bus came late..therefore it was the bus's fault! Hahaha! As expected, reached class 20 minutes late but it was the bus's fault! =P


This is Madam Lim who's teaching Chemistry : Electrochemistry or even more precise, Electrolysis. Can you see the cell on the board? Love Madam's belt. I wonder where she bought it from.


During break. Class is very empty because most of them are in the canteen eating instant noodles. Penny's afraid of the paparazzi!

Very boring day. Penny and Petrina squirted Wei Jie's hair with water from Kenneth's bottle. Hahaha!


On my way back, waiting for bus no.48 to come. Sitting in the bus stop opposite Holland Drive.


Wheeeeeeeeee! Here it is! Finally! But my wait wasn't long.


I sat at the end of the bus. It was boring to go back by yourself. The prospect of going back to the hostel just bored me to the core. =(

That's about it for today and I've been stuck here for almost the whole day...collecting hoards of Avril Lavigne pics and blogging. Here are some miscelleanous photos I took recently:


Some weird looking fishes I saw on the way home yesterday.


Cute hamsters! But they're not my favourite kind. I prefer Syrian hamsters.


Carmen with her new hair..


Here Carmen is again..avoiding me...nice spikey hair woman!


Isn't she cute? That's my niece looking very forlorn. The name's Elisabeth. =)

Last but not least,

Hee hee...a new concept of photography developed by Qiao Wen and I. It's called 'Squash your head in between the 2 walls in a lift". =D It reminds me of Ju-On for some reason. :p

NOTE: Whoa..this is one seriously long post that took me a few hours to write. kekeke..

0 comments: