It started around 6.50pm Sydney local time and guess what? Apparently, Sydney and New Zealand were the best places to witness this very eclipse! How lucky am I?!
All the photos below were taken with my Canon Digital Ixus 50 (5.0 megapixels) and from my homestay's backyard. Pardon me if they aren't professional enough for I lack the neccesary equipment. ;)
The moon's ass got bitten.
A much bigger bite. This photo was taken using flash.
No flash and it looks slightly different from what my eye was witnessing at that very moment.
Half-eaten cookie!
Getting smaller...
and smaller.
I can see the beginnings of a red moon aka Blood Moon! *excited*
Whoops! Shakey hands over there.
Almost gone (with flash).
Without flash.
The peak of the eclipse.
Almost back to normal.
AND ALL THAT TOOK MORE THAN AN HOUR!
Total lunar eclipses are definitely ALOT longer than solar eclipses.
I think I got turned on by it. I was SO EXCITED.
HEY! It isn't everyday you get to witness a Bloody Moon, ok?
Sure, lunar eclipses occur twice a year but not all them are total lunar eclipses.
Haha, and that's my inner astronomer resurfacing. Gosh, it certainly was a breathtaking sight. My measley pictures do it no justice. I very well couldn't take a video. Imagine the number of memory cards I would have to use!
Certainly a highlight of yesterday.
Today was pretty alright. I guess all because I was in a better mood despite still being sleep-deprived and driven by caffeine.
NO MORE BUILDING ECOLOGY!
WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Building Ecology can suck my non-existent hairy balls!
On the other hand, it was a tad stuffy in the studio today and so we went out to "draw" but ended up having abit of me-time instead. Kekeke.
Sitting on the lawn and drawing in the breeze was great.
That's Gordon.
BUT... that cannot beat me sitting on a tree branch and drawing. ^^
That certainly got me in the mood to keep going on.
Magical tree branches are handy things, those things. ^^
Something else got me going @_@, DID I SEE THAT CORRECTLY????
Our feedback for Experiment 1 was back. I was so nervous and would be relatively contented if I were to receive a pass. Was so afraid that I would fail it and instead, I got...
DN!!!!
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! =D
I cannot stop grinning from ear to ear.
So, it was all worthwhile.
Life is starting to look good again.
Note: DN = Distinction. ^^



0 comments:
Post a Comment