Thursday, June 16, 2005

Big Things Today Including Laksa & a Haircut

Yeap...several big things happened today. Let the good news come first: Laksa!
Who doesn't love it? I would condemn anyone who hates laksa. They do not know what they're mising out on. Today was good cause Aunty Teng @ Cindy's mum came over to my house and whipped up some fantastically yummylicious laksa! Oh my God! I was so happy when she came cause it has been months since I ate her famous laksa and God, it is delightful! Sinful but delightful! :D XD Aiyayaya, I can't convey how much I love her laksa. My mum reckons it's the chinese style but anyways, all laksa are good in my books! I had 2 bowls of it for lunch and another bowl of it for dinner. WONDERFUL! *smacks my lips* I'm really going to miss such great laksa when I go back to Singapore unless I can find a good stall there. heh. Also..I love the bowls my mum served the laksa in : those old-school Cina rooster bowls. Very pretty! I love retro and vintage stuff. Sometimes, being no-tech is good too. ;)
here's a picture of the hot piping laksa, warning it may not look as good as it sounds but I can assure you, it was YUMMY :


Imagine the succulent chicken meat, rich santan, the tau pok! The slices of fish cakes! The delightful aroma! The crunchy tauge @ bean sprouts! The hot spicy flavour! The bee hoon! Ooh! yummy! I'm making myself drool :p Nothing shall ever replace laksa.

On to another topic, I saw this Emily The Strange bag in my local mall (Wetex Parade) and it was made out of good quality material..leathery sort. Nice bag if you ask me but don't ask me whether it's genuine. I wouldn't know ;) What with all the fake Von Dutches sprouting over the place? But just to let you guys know, the bag is going off for RM69.90. Quite expensive if you ask me.




And on to another topic. Yes I had a haircut today...after about 6 months of not having one. Last time, it took me a year to get a haircut..and *sarcastically* whoopy! Guess where I went to? Ci Pei will be delighted to know that I went to Ideas..rather reluctantly mind you. I wanted to go to Expert but somehow my mum managed to get me to try Ideas. For one thing, it's just opposite our clinic and decided to try for fun (not my fun though). It wasn't all that bad..actually the guy cut my hair pretty well..though I still prefer Expert I think. Now I know why my hair can't be cut short...it'll poof up like a mushroom. Not a very nice prospect I would say. Anyway, it took about an hour to get my hair cut--> wash, blow dry and finally cut. Bleah! And Ci Pei , your view of cute guys is very distorted. They aren't that cute. A bit gay-ish. There was a teensy-weensy possibility that there was a cute guy but he's ok la. Not all that fantastic. The guy who cut my hair, Jay made me feel rather embarassed cause he noted that my hair was a tad on the oily side ( Fine..I admit, haven't washed it before I went) and he also corrected me on one of my Chinese sentences. Yeap, it's the harsh truth. My Chinese sucks ass. Aiyayaya..Anyway, while he was cutting my hair, he probably didn't notice that either his pants was a bit too low or his shirt to short or his underwear was yanked up too high coz his underwear was showing and it was a nice shade of magenta, mind you! Guys nowadays *shakes head*

Another big thing..this one is really big and it came as a real shock to me as well as made me feel very sad. Lim Zhi, my friend, my classmate and also hostelmate will be leaving us in Singapore soon. The lucky devil (not literally of course) got the JPA scholarship for Medicine. Initially she wanted to continue with her ASEAN scholarship and complete her A Levels in Singapore but somehow, fate did not allow her to do so and she has to leave soon. She told me she'll be packing up her stuff in Singapore on the 20th. That's probably the last time I'll ever get to meet her. Sigh~ Gonna miss her presence alot. All the best to my dear friend ;)

On a lighter note, people born in 1988! Dragon babies! You can now check whether you are wanted for NS. Hahaha... check it out here and just enter your IC no. and voila! You'll know whether you're listed. Lucky for me, I'm not in :D :D. I initially wanted NS but now that I'm already halfway through the year studying and all, I'm not keen on getting it. Yay! Luckily! But then, even if I got it, I would defer it..until the maximum age : 35! Hah..! I bet they wouldn't want a pregnant woman by then. Anyway, I should go now. My shoulders are aching like hell. Toodles people.

p.s: my hair keeps curving at the end. fuck it. :p

0 comments: