Friday, August 19, 2005

The Art of Sleeping

Eventhough this post is called "The Art of Sleeping", I'll talk about it later.
First things first..whee!!!!I've improved in GP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha..this is great and it also kind of serves as a checkpoint in part of my life. I mean..it's GP! Well to those who aren't familiar with it, it's just really hard English that needs you to use your brain to analyse stuff. =P See, today my GP tutor, let's call her Madam, well she used my Application Question (AQ) as an example for the whole class to see and I got a total shock from that initially. I mean it's quite cool as in..actually I don't know how to convey how cool it was but it was a bit embarassing at first. Haha..it wasn't necessarily the best example but I'm just really pleased that mine was used as an example. It's my highest score for AQ so far..5 out of 8! Wheeee! And I also scored the highest summary mark so far in this comprehension which is fantastic too! 5.5 out of 9. Wheee! I usually get like 1 or even 1.5 marks. Very lousy. Well eventhough my main comprehension wasn't as good as it should be..I grabbed enough marks to pass, thanks to my summary and AQ! So, altogether I scored a 27.5/50 for the whole comprehension (pass = 25/50). I'm very pleased with myself..that's quite an improvement as compared to my previous comprehension. Wheee! Oh yeah and an 8/15 for language..Hee hee..hopefully I can catch up with Kenneth. I'm not very far behind him. ;P His GP is the best in our class by the way. Great stuff he has in that mind of his. Hmm..I sound like Yoda.
What else ya? Well..the rest are about the same but I think I'm catching up with my class! Wheeeee... and another thing, Hooray for Snooze-ville because it has gathered alot of praises from people who mostly were of the opinion that it was very entertaining and I definitely agree with that too! Hahaha..go visit it!
Ok..now to the Art of Sleeping. It was quite a lame attempt of mine to try and sound like "The Art of War" but whatever la. I can't think of anything else.
Oh yeah..back to the point. I gained a totally new skill! Fantastic! I'm not sure whether it's because I caught the bug from someone or whether because I've kind of trained myself accidently. And the new skill would be the skill of being able to sleep virtually anywhere! Oh my God! I'm serious! When I said anywhere, I seriously mean ANYWHERE. It used to be just the lecture halls and during assembly..but now I can even sleep during exam! Preferably Malay Language Examination. The Malay Language Exam here is really weird and different from the one we had in Malaysia. The whole exam is 3 hours and you have to sit for it 3 hours straight...but the first half hour is for essay and the next is for comprehension which you only have to answer 1 compulsory question (ringkasan/summary) and 2 other questions which are 40 marks each.
Ok..so yesterday we had this Mock Mother Tongue Examination paper right after school, after we had our lunch. Don't ask me why it's called mock. Apparently it's for training us for the exams but anyway, I slept quite late the night before,around 2am and obviously being sleep-deprived would make you feel very sleepy and more so if you just had your lunch. So guess what I was doing for the first half hour of the mock exam? Hahaha...you guessed it right, I snoozed away. Actually it was like this..write one sentence (Pada zaman yang berteknologi tinggi ini...) then snooze..then continue writing the sentence (bidang-bidang..) ..snooze. Then I was a bit more awake and I was like..whoa crappy handwriting. I should rewrite the whole sentence..then it was back to square one. Write sentence (Pada zaman yang berteknologi tinggi ini..) ..zzzzz...write somemore..(perubatan...)..then zzzzz. Wahahaha! This went on for the whole first half hour. In the end, I just had to bring myself to wake up and write the essay and turns out, I even had 8 minutes to spare before the comprehension. So I was like "What the heck.." and back to zzzzz. =) Hahahaha XD During comprehension, I would just like to state that I was alot more awake. Fantastic right?? Hey Jian Nan and Wei Jie, I think I caught the sleeping bug from you guys except mine's kind of mutated because it keeps making me fall asleep during Mother Tongue EXAMS!!! hahahaha!

So people, if you wanna learn "The Art of Sleeping", don't hesitate to contact me through my blog. I'm sure I can work zzz wonders for you and you'll be able to snooze like no other. Courses range from $40-$80. Call 94729247 and ask for the Snoozemaster(me). ;)

p.s: By right, people have tons of opportunities to snap photos of me sleeping =P Visit Snooze-ville and you'll know what I mean.

0 comments: