Sunday, September 18, 2005

Something VERY Light-Hearted

Nicknames I Have Accumulated Over The Years:

(in no particular order)
  1. Seet *my surname--no one calls me that now except maybe Qiao Wen*
  2. Char *what Petrina & Bei Shi call me now--reminds me of charcoal and char kuey tiow though* =P
  3. Sit/Sit Down *a result of a certain few's lame attempts at taunting my surname.*
  4. Seat *just a variation from the 3rd.*
  5. Seed *another variation from the 3rd, hence my dad often proudly proclaims us as the owners of the clothes label "Seed" in Malaysia. haha =D *
  6. Kelawar Seet *kelawar=bat in malay. I signed that in one of my friend's autograph book after catching a bat in Pri. 6. I kinda regretted after that*
  7. Ah Seet *my Muar friends used to call each other by the surname and we actually added an "Ah" in front of each surname. eg. Ah Tay, Ah Boo*
  8. Sweet Charity *my Standard 5 English teacher called me that. Apparently it's the name of a band.--I paritcularly didn't like this one though..*
  9. Char-ree-lee *bleah*
  10. Che-ree-lee *bleargh*
  11. Snuffie *in memory of the late Sirius Black. Chew and I gave each other nicknames. I'm Snuffie and she's Paddyfoot while Sirius is both Snuffles and Padfoot.*
  12. Siao Mei Mei *thanks to Calvin =) He's older than me but I call him budak in return. budak=small kid*
  13. Shit *gah! One of the most annoying ones. This was due to a mispronounciation of my surname by my KH teacher in Form 3 which resulted in mass laughter. She still pronounced my name that way eventhough I corrected her several times..* >:(
  14. Set *Another of those wonderful mispronounciations of my surname. Mainly got called as this by my malay friends.*
  15. Shit Coli *thanks to Michelle..I called her Mi-ceh-leh..she called me that in return. coli=bra in malay..* =P
  16. Seety/Siti..*I have no idea whatsoever. Thanks to my wonderful surname again ;) *
  17. Da Li *this is in Chinese. It's because my chinese name in hanyin pingyin (or whatever) is Xue Xiao Li. Xiao Li=small one literally..bleah..I'm not very petite for sure.*
  18. oh..and not to forget, Charlie *I like this one. ;) But did you know that Charlie=fool? It's in the Oxford dictionary. =p*

that's about it, I think. So as you see, my very unique surname and name have left me with uncountable nicknames and I actually disliked my name because of that. hahaha! But I don't care now, I love it 'cause there's no way you'll ever find another Seet Chareli in the world. That's also the reason why I never forgo a chance to laugh at people's name. Some may say that it's very mean of me but hey, look..I've been laughed at so many times for my name, so now it's my turn to chuckle at yours. ;D

Oh and I just felt like sharing my new desktop changes too..

from this..


to this...


=D XD

0 comments: