Hello hello. I know it's been awhile since I updated and I partly did not want to update thanks to my very "HOT" list...too nice to look at until I myself keep opening my own blog to take a look at the very HOT people. Hahaha! That's why I never put a blog visitor counter on my blog and I don't wanna get depressed by the number of people who visit my blog because I'm pretty sure that the number's very tiny.
Sigh..First week of school flew by very fast. Note: FLEW BY not passed by. Nothing changed..except I feel that friendship ties are probably getting better =D Usual..all the work, tutorials, lectures, madams and sirs, Madam Lim getting red specs,etc...yadayadayada..you know the drill. Actually, the one week break was total crap in my opinion (and I'm sure alot of others agree with me). My break was filled with extra classes and studying for the promos. "Alot of help that was".
Anyway, the official 2 minute trailer of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has finally been released!! And we actually get a glimpse of Voldemort! Get it here!--> Mugglenet. I told you before that I was overwhelmed by the previous Harry Potter trailer, right? Well this time, it was the same except I was EVEN MORE overwhelmed so much so that I actually cried..(my roomies were sleeping at that time). I don't know what's up with me but Kenneth reckons that it's due to the fact that I've been anticipating the movie for so long that finally seeing it meant alot to me. And guess what?! It's the BEST trailer ever and I'M SURE IT'S THE BEST MOVIE YET!!! GOD, IT'S BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!!! People!!! Go see it and download it if you will! I'm sure you will not regret and you will DEFINITELY anticipate its arrival in November 18!! Remember the magic number 18/11 !!!
Now...let's move on to something I've been thinking about : Friends.
Sometimes you can't live with them yet you can't live without them. They make your head spin yet they make you laugh your head off. I miss my friends back home. But then..I also feel afraid. Afraid 'cause I fear that after a long period of separation, too much has changed between us and we have nothing more to chat about.(But I know that won;t be the case with me and certain people). But it's not that simple right? I mean we have been friends for such a long time..5 years to say the least, but come to think of it, I feel that we can lose friends as easily as we make new ones. Then, I thought of my new friends over here in Singapore. Life is great with them and I'll definitely miss them when I go back to Muar. My mind decided to be more active and proceeded to think even further on. The most time I'll spend knowing my JC friends is 2 years..then what happens after that? Do we lose contact completely??? I mean, it is highly likely that I might stay back here and end up going for my tertiary education here (that is..if I can get into the university here), but that does not guarantee that I'll continue to keep in touch with my Singaporean friends or even those friends that I met here. No doubt that it'll be alot easier to contact each other if I continue to be here rather than being in Malaysia, but still, will our friendship last?
Then that made me think of how pointless it is to keep making friends if we're not going to be in touch for the most of our lives. I mean, what is the point? We'll lose them in the end (hear hear, the pessimist speaks!). Hence, we should not make friends as it is pointless and generally a waste of effort..
But then again, I should not generalize the idea that we'll lose all our friends eventually. Sometimes, taking that risk (risk=making friends) could reward you with that-very-special-friend. I know it isn't easy to find such friends especially these days but there still is a spark of hope in that darkness (now the optimist speaks!). Such friends make life worth living for. They brighten up your days in a way that money can't, they're always there for you whenever you fall (My God, this sounds bloody clichéd but it's true!)and best of all, you just smile when you see them eventhough not a word is exchanged. It's as though a mutual understanding has developed between the both of you.
So..it all depends on the individual whether you want to take the risk of making friends or just play it safe to not experience the joy and heartbreaks that comes with friendships. True that it's likely that we'll bump into that stupid, annoying bloody backstabber but it's just as likely that we'll find that amazing and precious friend-for-life. Then, it's up to you whether you want to make that effort of keeping that friendship alive. It's a challenge for you to keep it going for as long as it can last. Are you up for it?
Step 1: Don't panic!
16 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment