Saturday, March 10, 2007

Little Bits of Sydney Through The Camera Lens and A Tad More.

I haven't been the usual shutterbug that I am but this are some of my better efforts so far. I'll try to get the photographer side in me to be more of a reflex than a habit. =)

Womerah Avenue. My temporary lodging while I looked around for a more permanent place. My last day of stay in this area will be Sunday! Today! I'm moving to Randwick tomorrow. It's nearer to my uni. Walking distance I believe. I rented a room in this Australian Indonesian-Chinese woman's house. Full board with 5 other UNSW students. Hopefully it'll be fun. It's just like a little hostel with breakfast and dinner provided. =D

Darling Harbour. Beautiful, isn't it? There was some huge cruise ship there that day. It was something like Mary or Queen Elisabeth. I have no freaking idea at all. Haha. The sky seems more blue, doesn't it? =D

Sydney Opera House from Circular Quay. The area where you take ferries to other hidden parts of Sydney.

A view of the Central Business District (CBD) from Circular Quay. Skycrapers frame the very scenic view.

Looking at the Harbour Bridge from a carriage in a ferris wheel in Luna Park.

Boats and yachts abound!

Luna Park on a weekend. Not very exciting, I'm afraid. =/

Sydney Opera House again and some waves crashing onto the little landing at Luna Park, Milsons Point(I think.).

I don't have to tell you what's this, do I? =P

A random shot of just a few typical townhouses in Sydney. I love their uniqueness!

I have no idea where this is but it was taken from an overhead bridge on the way to Si's house. =) Why does the sky seem so much blue-er?

Can you see that tiny blob we call "The Moon"?

Lovely lovely Bondi Beach. Can you see some foreign bodies floating in the sea? I still remember my first trip there. Dad lost his specs there because I nearly drowned in the water...well somewhat. Hehe. Another thing, when going to Bondi during summer, the water isn't lukewarm but SURPRISE SURPISE... FREEZING COLD. HAHA!

Bondi in the evening! Won't you Bondi with me?

THE SKY IS SERIOUSLY BLUE-ER HERE! Anyways, that's North Bondi in the distance.

So, last Thursday I decided to try out this Aussie thing. Eversince I stepped onto the UNSW campus, I noticed that Aussies and local Asians included really like lying on the lawn! Especially if it's sunny. Doesn't matter which part of the lawn or which part of campus you're on, you're bound to see some Aussie fella lying on his tummy there... perhaps reading a book and snoozing his free time away. So, on Thursday I had my lunch sitting on the lawn. A bottle of mineral water by my side, pesto chicken pasta salad in my mouth and Death Note manga in my hand. I must say, it was really quite enjoyable!

This is The Quad Food Court, a part of The Quadrangle building. I usually get my food here since it's not too crazily-priced and nearer to most of the buildings that I have to go to. Eg. The Red Centre, Webster Building, Rex Vowels Theatre.

I wasn't lying about the Aussies!

p.s: The number's (ask me). CALL ME! SMS ME! HAHA. I might not reply you though. =P

0 comments: