Actually, I'm missing my family too. I may have family here but their company's different from the one I'm used to. Don't get me wrong, they're wonderful people! It's just different.
Uni is so different from jc, secondary school or even primary school. It's not as easy to make friends as before. Having come so far in life, most of us have already developed our own cliques and perhaps, preferences too. Superficial as it may be, that's the harsh truth in life. Everyone here is very tolerant of all sorts of races as well but even we tend to flock to our own kind in the beginning.
Uni is supposed to be fun! Well, it is but not as fun as it could be. It would be even more fun if you guys were here sharing this experience with me.
Imagine the stuff we could be doing:
beach-ing, bitching =P, playing pool, pubbing, clubbing (Only if you want to.) and everything else under the sun.
While I was having dinner today, Sh and S had their friends over. They were an intriguing lot, those people. Their conversation entertained me to no end. Nonetheless, it still managed to remind me of the conversations I would have with friends over meals. Sigh~ How I miss those days. It's not that I can't make friends in uni. I can and I have. It's just that we hardly meet because not everyone is in the same class or group as me. Hence, not much time is allowed for interaction. How do we move from the "acquaintance" platform to the "friends" platform instead, may I ask?
What a mind-boggling question.
One of nature's "biggest" mysteries, I suppose. Haha.
I missed the good old carefree days. We didn't have to worry about a thing. I miss just hanging around school and joking in class. I miss just having common lunches together. Heck, I even miss studying together!
Come to think of it, I also miss the old days where I had so much time to obssess over Harry Potter (I'm a bad bad fan. I've only read the 6th book once so far.), Linkin Park (I used to be so active in the online community!) and of course, Avril Lavigne.
Speaking of Avril, I'm rather pissed at her actually. Lost faith in her too unless she bucks up. To think she was my idol at some point of my life...
Just take a look at this video here and you'll know why.
Catchy? Maybe...
Stupid? No doubt.
Brainless pop? Definitely.
It's really hard to believe that that same girl in that video wrote songs like "Together", "I'm With You", "Losing Grip" and all those other shits. They totally rocked my socks off then. Still do. I think her marriage to Deryck Whibley mind-fucked her. Look at the kind of lyrics she sings now. And isn't she jiggling her boobs all over the video too? Grinding the
HYPOCRITICAL.
Maybe you were just some packaged teen poptart after all. Hiding behind that disguise of that skater girl.
I feel extremely cheated and insulted.
How I miss the old Avril.
p.s: that long long long thing that they eat in the video reminds me of a DICK. =P



0 comments:
Post a Comment