Monday, August 06, 2007

Seet's Kitchen: Of Choy Sum and Tom Yum

The other day, I realised that I still have choy sum (chai sim) and pak choy or as they call it here... BOK CHOY, sitting in the fridge freezing their asses off. Thought I should do something with it rather than throwing it away and this is what I came up with...

Choy sum!


Pak choy! Some parts were abit too frozen to be used.


You can never ever forget the chopped garlic.


Just keep frying and by the way, garlic is good for your health! Some way or another. =P


The chopped veggies waiting patiently to be thrown into the wok.


In the pan you go! Yes, I'm that bored. Taking pictures of every single step. Oh add some fish sauce and oyster sauce to taste.



Voila! Looks pretty good huh? Must be the photographer's skills. ;)
Apparently, I made Ci Pei drool by sending her that picture. Muahahaha! Oh the leaves look a little dead because I was too lazy to separate them from the stalk and just threw the whole lot in. Heh!


Suddenly, I've been hit with this craving for Tom Yum Goong. I haven't actually tried my hand at cooking it the real proper way but today I came up with this, thanks to help from Nissin Spicy Noodle Seasoning as well as that Maggi Tom Yum Soup Paste from Huey Shyan. Haha. Not bad I say though lacking abit in the chilli factor. Add some chilli flakes if you will. I added carrots, cabbage, shitake mushrooms and noodles to mine. =D



NOTE: WELCOME to my new segment!

0 comments: