Friday, September 28, 2007

Seet's Kitchen: Peanut Butter Cookies

MY MAIDEN ATTEMPT AT BAKING!
Yes, I admit. I'm a virgin baker. I've never quite baked anything without getting it all ready-mixed from the box. Baking is actually quite different from cooking. It's so much more precise and analytical. It's almost like going the wrong way by just 1mm could get you in trouble! Of course, not so exaggerated but you get the gist, don't you?
BAKING IS LIKE MATH!
Madam Kat probably should try it more often. Maybe she does and I don't know about it!

Anyways, I got this really good recipe from here. It's so EASY, even a cat could do it! Although, we probably have to exclude Porkyboy. =P

Let the pictures do the talking...

Tools of the trade.


A cup of Kraft's Crunchy peanut butter.


Mixing it all up with the first batch of sugar.


Second batch of sugar!


Pour in the lightly beated egg.


Mix somemore and this is the final texture. Different, isn't it?


Walnut-sized balls of nut mix.


To make the criss cross pattern.


This was actually an accident. One criss cross was enough. =P


Freshly baked delights!


I'm so proud of my effort. =D Remember to let them cool first!


Very pleased with the results of the PB cookies. I was worried that they may be too sweet but the majority says they're yummy! Woots! I'm even more motivated to bake more now!
FATTEN MY HOUSEMATES UP.
HAHA. Oh by the way, I'm the only girl in the house now. How intriguing. Haha.
Giandi doesn't mind. If I remember correctly, he said "We're still young, plenty of time to exercise."
Kekeke. If you say so. =D


My attempt on Fusion Cooking:



This was cooked quite awhile back and was actually done on limited resources. Hence, me mixing my pasta sauce (Spicy Bolognese) with lap cheong instead of mince or some proper meat. Needless to say, it was a pretty interesting combination. Probably not the most successful one but certainly very interesting. Then again, someone hungry would just gobble up anything edible.
Oh, I also added carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms to the sauce. Yum. =)
Have fun people!

0 comments: