Thursday, October 04, 2007

Finally! A Blog Post Without Pictures



Ok. So I had to add ONE picture. HAHA.
I was just watching Zodiac last night and consequently slept late which led on to me not being able to sleep for quite awhile and hence, missing lectures in the morning. What a great train of events. I have to say that it wasn't as exciting as I had expected it to be, save for a few of those killing scenes. Good film nonetheless. Long one too! It was slightly slow but towards the end, it definitely got a little bit more exciting. Just like how you feel whenever you're near to finding out something. Jake actually appeared more towards the end too. If there's something I have to recommend, it's the soundtrack for this movie, espeically if you're a fan of Blues, Jazz and Classic Rock. You know, all those good old songs from the yesteryears of the late 60's and 70's.

1. Easy To Be Hard - Three Dog Night*
2. Sky Pilot - Eric Burdon and The Animals*
3. Soul Sacrifice - Santana*
4. Bernadette - Four Tops*
5. (I Never Promised You A) Rose Garden - Lynn Anderson
6. I Want To Take You Higher - Sly and the Family Stone*
7. Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic - Isaac Hayes*
8. Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) - Marvin Gaye
9. Brother Louie - Stories
10. Hurdy Gurdy Man - Donovan*
11. It's Not For Me To Say - Johnny Mathis
12. Mary's Blues - John Coltrane
13. Solar - Miles Davis*
14. The Sound Of The City - Johnny Mann Singers
[I couldn't find this song.]

Note: "*" denotes my personal favourites. ^^

Anyways, this film got me thinking abit.
(SPOILER ALERT)
The case supposedly dragged from 1969 and until 1992, when the prime suspect died. And throughout those years, the prime suspect was never charged as well! Well he died before they could actually charge him. According to that, the case lasted for 13 years! 13 YEARS just to find ONE KILLER. He wasn't any killer, mind you. Quite the serial killer this one.

(I also cannot promise you that you will understand my logic as it may not be very well-presented.)

So just imagine, so many years spent just to find ONE SINGLE KILLER. How many unsolved cases are there then?? It's not like they got to charge the killer either because he died on his own! Imagine, all the time wasted just to find one bastard. Poor investigators. Half their life spent just on one "treasure hunt". So much time and energy spent on one person. And the sad thing is that, after all that, you just manage to find one killer. There are so many cases out there, unsolved yet I'm sure. No justice for the victims. You just feel pity for the investigators as well. Putting so much effort, hurting their families along the way and all that just to find ONE MAN (figuratively speaking).
Ironically, that makes me feel awe for them too. The passion and that drive that gets them going is almost obsessive! You just need one man to have that "obssession" and you'll feel the need to go on and not give up. At some points, it even seemed like they were possessed. Even when it all seems bleak, they never gave up. How amazing is that.

The world needs more people like that. Seriously.

0 comments: