Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Meow Experiment

Quite some time back, I read about this experiment on Pinkpau's blog and thought, "HEY! This looks like something fun to try out!"

How it goes:
You sms a whole lot of people on your contact list (if you do have a whole lot of people. =P ) just randomly. Just send them a "Meow." Nothing less and nothing more! =D
Hahaha. Pretty random huh?
From Pinkpau's blog, it was said that supposedly most people would reply with a "Woof" or any form of doggy vocalization.
(Miao or Meow. However you spell it.)

I had nothing to lose, right? Haha. Here's how my experiment went...

(The first reply is actually credited to Huey Shyan. Too bad I messaged her through MSN and couldn't really remember what she replied. HAHA.)

me: Meow.
Porky: Whats wrong... Dont tell me you also siao adi...

me: Meow.
Gurmesh: Woof woof!!

me: Meow.
Yoke Heng: ? Woof! Wat?

me: Meow.
Maggie: Meow meow ='¤'=

me: Meow.
Suzanne: Huh? Meow back! Frm humphrey and mr. grey too

me: Meow.
Hanafi: R u ok? Haha

me: Meow.
Hian Shynn: Meow??

me: Meow.
Michelle Leong: Wooff!

me: Meow.
Shi Hui: Chareli..Wat's tat?

me: Meow.
Wei Jie: whoof! Who u? Meow?

me: Meow.
Hanis: Purrr

me: Meow.
Hui Yi: Meow? What's up with that? Too stressed over exams huh. Yeah, me too. Exams start on saturday. Wish me luck that i wont fail math again!

me: Meow.
Shi Wei: So random! All e best for ur exams man!

me: Meow.
Michelle Lee: Woof woof!?! ;p

Continuation from Suzanne's sms...
"Eh wat happn yestday? U ok? Got a meow frm u but didnt know if it was a happy or sad meow.. I am in much pain right now. Getting leg waxd."

me: Meow.
Kenneth: (who replied the next day.) Rawr. I'm doing guard duty now... Rotting on a sun morning... How're things over there?

_______________


Results (done as seen on Pinkpau's blog):

of the 16 respondents,

(maybe my sample is too small. haha.)

People who replied with a "Woof" : 5

People who replied with some form of doggy vocalization, ie. Ruff and Roar: -

People who replied with "Meow" or some form of kitty vocalization, ie. Purr: 4

People who replied with a form of lion vocalization: 1 (this is unique to Kenneth.)

People who thought I had a few screws loose or thought something went wrong or plain confused: 6

People who thought I was stressed with with exams: 2

People who didn't exactly know who I was and yet, replied: 1. Stupid Weijie. -_-"

Some people didn't reply me too. >=(

0 comments: