Monday, August 25, 2008

Cupcake Fever!

One day, ilerahc tees went totally crazy and decided to bake NINETY-SIX cupcakes for a combined birthday party! It was just a birthday party for Lisa, Craig, Gary and Wilson; all of whom are August babies. What a bad month August is. I'm starting to hate it because too many people have birthdays in it and it's really burning a hole in my pocket. WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO KEEP MAKING BABIES IN... (what is 9 months before August?)NOVEMBER??!!!!!!

Haha. I just thought of a something lame. 96 is like the opposite of 69. Any significance to you? HAHA.

I KNOW!

I'M SO LAME!!

I think maybe it's the lack of sleep or did I overdosed on it? =P

So, Crazy Girl (Let's call myself that in this post from this point after.) started her baking at 2am. YES! 2am on the day of the party itself!!!

4 batches done... and a pizza too before that! Make that two. The other pizza was hiding in Crazy Girl's tummy. Midnight snack. XD


Showcasing the unfrosted chocolate and vanilla cakes.


Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting that has a hint of orange in it.


"Fake" carrot cupcakes. Haha. They're actually vanilla cupcakes frosted with my cream cheese frosting because there was still a bit of it left.


Hazelnut cupcakes with chaotah Nutella icing. Obviously the icing wasn't supposed to be chaotah lah. Something went wrong with my Nutella. I think it hardened in my really-really-cold room and then screwed the icing up. I tried to melt the nutella but it became more and more dry and had a hint of chaotahness to it. Haha. Oh well. I was really pleased with the cake though which I BAKED WITHOUT FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS. I did my own dump-and-bake style. Haha!!!!

After getting a stroke of genius and slightly fed up with the chaotah "icing", I decided to just spread Nutella on it. Here's a happy-looking Nutella cupcake! =D


Double chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate ganache and marshmallows!


Smiley marshmallow man in a cupcake.


Smiley face on the vanilla cakes that were frosted with vanilla buttercream frosting.


Cookies and cream! I was supposed to decorate it further with cookie crumbs but I ran out of time. Haha.


Camwhoring of the cupcakes:












Cupcake count:
  1. Vanilla cupcakes - 24. Recipe here.
  2. Double chocolate cupcakes - 12. Recipe here.
  3. Carrot cupcakes (Martha Stewart style!)- 12. Recipe here.
  4. Cookies and cream cupcakes - 24. Recipe here.
  5. Nutella hazelnut cupcakes - 24. Recipe has yet to be typed and uploaded. =)

TOTAL: 96

OHMYGODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

I.
AM.
PSYCHO.
CRAZY.
GIRL.

HAHAHA.

Guess what!
SCREW WAKE UP CALL.
I can't be bothered anymore. =P

Let me leave you guys to happy photos of happy cupcakes. =)


be Happy.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

hahahahha SIAO CHAR BOR!!

the double chocolate one looks damn good la!!! marshies popping out!! weee~~ I liked the carrot too! so yummy !!

the collage make it looks like u baked more than 96 cupcakes man!

and u FINALLY UPDATE YR BLOG

HAHAHHAHAHA

chareli said...

HAHAHAHA

SIAO CHAR BOR INDEED!!!!!
OMG. still can't believe there were 96 of them.

hahaha. i tried to form the word ANUS with the remaining ones.
I managed ANOS at first. hahaha.

yeah! but the collage looks cool lah. all the happy cupcakes together. hahaha.

yup! the REVIVED BLOG.

goody!

now, click my ads. XD

Anonymous said...

Chareli! Trade you my cheesecake for your cupcakes!! The look absolutely gorgeous, girl (: Love the blue and pink icing/cream....bake me some when you come back k?

chareli said...

Suzanne! Hahah SURE THING. your cheesecake looks damn good loh. Hahahah it's all thanks to Queen's colouring drops. Sure! Just make sure you click more on my ads. =P

Anonymous said...

seet,u made the cupcakes urself r?

feel like eating them..haha..

chareli said...

HELLO KAREN!!!!

I didn't know you visited my blog!
What an honour!

Hahaha, yeah I made every one myself. Even the icing.

Another compliment from you. Thanks! XD

I shall try to make some at home. XD