Sunday, August 23, 2009

No Surprise

... that this might end up to be a music post. Hahahaha. Shucks, I'm really running out of ideas for blog post titles. It's really easy to go on rambling, on and on and on and on and on... but when it comes to titles, FUUYOH susah gila!

Anyways, last night was my... weekly or rather fortnightly session of music downloading rampage. =D Don't you love discovering new music? It feels so... refreshing. At least, it gives you something new to listen to even though the particular song might be very irritating and addictive. Have you noticed how most of the top songs on the charts are those that are the really irritating ones? The kind where the more you block them out, the more they get stuck in your head. I liken them to the fish hook trap used in the Vietnam War. I don't have a photo of it but I believe that its mechanism works when you get your foot into the trap and the more you try to pull your leg out from it, the more the hooks dig into your flesh. OUCHIE! ^^

So, I downloaded about 60 random songs last night. I think I can sense some of you exclaiming in shock but oh well, that's just a normal download run for me. =D Got most of my songs from the charts off Billboard, a sure-fire way to update your listening list!

Ok. Midway through this post. I'm just going to ramble for a bit here. OH NO. WHY AM I HAVING TROUBLE BLOGGING AGAIN?! TOO MANY DISTRACTIONS?! UNFOCUSED?! THIS IS HORRIBLE! HELP!

Back to reality. A tiny bit of Disney magic. A little bit from the sensitive "rockers". Actually, I wouldn't call The Fray rockers but if they are categorised as so, fine then. Haha. Some random pop. A lot of chart-topping club music. Can't help it. All the charts are full of it! Your hip hop, RNB tinged with electronic synthesizers kind of music. It isn't too bad to listen to sometimes but after a few spins, they all sound the same to me. =P

Here are the couple of stand out tunes from my recent downloading rampage. Enjoy!
Unfortunately, some of you may suffer from immensely slow turtle-speed internet but don't fret! Hope you get to hear the tunes on the radio. =D

Freemasons featuring Sophie Ellis Bextor - Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer)

Oh yeah baby! Sophie Ellis Bextor is back! Kudos to her for having such a rocking body because apparently, she filmed this video after having a baby not too long before that! Puts many of us young'uns to shame. =(((

Noisettes - Don't Upset The Rhythm

You might not be very familiar with the Noisettes but this song has a great poppy tune albeit having much edge to it.

Jeremih - Birthday Sex

When I first saw the song title, I was like WTF. Is this what songmaking has come to nowadays? Imagine your little kids singing to this. Skepticism aside, this song is actually pretty good. I like the different beats he has going on there. Very much a stand out amongst all your Ne-Yos, Flo-Ridas and Kanye Wests. Maybe, parental guidance would still be advisory for this song. Haha!

Colbie Caillat - Fallin' For You

Sorry for the crappy video. The original did not allow me to embed. Hmmph. I've always had this thing with Colbie Caillat where her songs remind me of hot afternoons and purely because of that, I was never really into her. Yes, she had good songs but she was not on my frequently-played list. This song however, is quite a gem. The guitar strums are like a light breeze felt when you sit out by the porch, relaxing during your afternoon. At the same time, her voice adds warmth like honey on a pancake. Haha. Great song. I kept repeating it. How unlike me to play Colbie Caillat on repeat. Kekeke.

Paramore - Ignorance

It's Paramore and their new single! Nuff' said. xD

Pink- Please Don't Leave Me

Sorry, another crappy video. Surprised! Another unusual one. I'm not a big fan of Pink. I don't know why but I do like certain songs of hers. This one really grew on me after I got over the "Da da da" part. Hahaha.

Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk

Ashley Tisdale is in the original video. I wonder why. Anyway, Boys Like Girls(BLG) is a really poppy, not exactly your choice of rock band but there's something about them that keeps pulling me back to their music and no, it's not their looks. Hahaha. BLG has this ability of making me feel like I'm back in high school and all the emotions that I experienced as a teenager comes flowing back. Don't you miss feeling the spirit and fire you once had as a teenager? Everything is magnified and the passion is almost endless! Get to adulthood and suddenly you're desensitized to everything. Sigh lah, how to live life like that. NOOOOOOOOOO. I SHALL NOT SUCCUMB! HAHA. Oh, I just realised that the front man is really good looking. Okay, never mind.

Dead By Sunrise - Crawl Back In

Dead By Sunrise (DBS) may sound a little morbid but fear not, their sound is anything but dead! You might recognise the voice and the album artwork. You can't deny that the album artwork does resemble a certain band's. Hehehe. DBS just sounds like a bank. Ok random. To the oblivious ones, DBS is Chester Bennington's side project! Don't worry. He has not left Linkin Park. Just venturing out like what Mike did with Fort Minor. Woohoo! All that said, I'm sold. Sounds awesome. =D Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Hope you enjoy the songs as much as I do even though I know that my music taste differs greatly from a lot of you. See you around, kids! I'm still trying my best to incorporate "blogging" into my daily life. Bloody hard ok! See you around for real now. =P

note: Title was inspired by Daughtry's "No Surprise" which is also a really good song. \m/ Rock on! \m/
blog comments powered by Disqus