
Death Note. The movie I've been dying to watch since its trailer came out in Singapore. But I still have not seen the movie due to
a series of unfortunate events!!!!
It's driving me mad! Like God doesn't want me to watch it and I'm not kidding!
First, I had no time to go watch the movie in the cinemas when it came out. Think I was having exams or something. Busy studying for sure because I wouldn't miss it for the world!
So, I thought that I would download the movie instead, to save money as well. Haha. But at that time, they still did not have any English subtitles for that movie. Bloody hell, they had Chinese subtitles but
no English subtitles!
So.... I didn't download it.
I waited and waited. Soon, Death Note was seeing its last few days in the cinema. I was positively convinced that I wouldn't be able to watch it in the cinemas anymore. Then, one day someone told me that they were still showing it in Marina Square..
HURRAY!
Wait, here's the catch. I had a paper the next day. A Levels were ongoing, mind you.
Hahaha, so either I had to mug like crazy before the movie or after it. Needless to say, I did none. Luckily it was just an MCQ paper.
Anyway, 2 hours before the movie, it poured like crazy. Seriously, it rained so hard no umbrella could save you! The first sign from God that He didn't want me to watch Death Note that day. An hour before the movie, the sky cleared! It was a miracle.
So, off we went to Marina Square. Ladeedah~
Had a bit of trouble looking for the cinema there. I have to admit I'm not very familiar with Marina Square at all. Kekeke. Anyway, we reached GV safe and sound and bloody fuck, Death Note was sold out! Bloody fuck bloody fuck. Travelled all the way there and what a
nice surprise! Anyways, ended up watching Step Up which had a lousy plot but I was very very impressed by the choreography! Great stuff! Oh, I forgot to tell you that that was also the last day they were showing Death Note. Simply great eh? Nearly jeopardised my As for that movie okay!
Sigh.. Then I thought I would have a chance to watch Death Note in Malaysia. Needless to say, the circumstances didn't allow for it as well. God, I'm getting desperate!
So.. I bought the DVD during my trip to KL.
Just tested it earlier. Couldn't work on the big tv's DVD player. How fantastic.
So, I tried the portable DVD player and connected it to the big tv. It worked but for some wonderful reason, the image was wobbly. Everything else was fine but the image. -.-"
Then, I tried it on my com. For some strange reason, it didn't work too well. Very choppy. Oh well. Last resort, on the portable DVD player that was connected to the smaller tv.... and.... (drumroll please).... it
WORKED GREAT !And the Jap people started talking. After all, it is a Jap movie and I turn to the subtitles for support....
ARGHH!!!! BAD ENGLISH!!!
It was so bad that it was qutie impossible to understand what they were talking about. Luckily I watch the anime, so I know some background on the story. I did catch some phrases like
Nande?(Why?) and
Onii-Chan (brother) but that was about it!!! After like 15 minutes, I gave up lah. Totally not enjoyable.
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, GOD?
I'm pretty sure He's sniggering upstairs while He makes the rain fall to Earth.
Sigh. What a series of unfortunate events.By the way,
something interesting happened tonight. After
2 years of
no contact, this guy messaged me on MSN. What's even more interesting was the fact that I was thinking of saying "hi" to him as well. Thank God he did it first. Life is weird. And we have been chatting for the past hour. Life can be very interesting sometimes...
The BIG Question: Will I ever get to watch Death Note?Sigh.
0 comments:
Post a Comment