Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Couple of Firsts

Hello again! It's a little hard to get into the blogging habit again after having left it for awhile but nothing better than to get the ball rolling.. WOOOOO.

Hahaha.

I experienced a few Firsts (if you know what I mean) during the past weekend. Nothing very special about that weekend, it was just like any other but with a few more outings. Oh and I do not mean that First (if you know what I mean) if that was what you were thinking. xP

First Haircut By The Angmoh Hairdressers.
I was definitely damn intimidated at first but their service was good, so I relaxed the next few seconds. Quite interesting to note the differences between them and the Asian hairdressers! They don't layer your hair like babi (Haha, Maggie.) unless you ask them to. I'm still a little unsure about my haircut but apparently, it's fine so here's to something new. Cheers!

First Babi Pongteh.
I tried cooking babi pongteh!!! Actually it was more like ayam babi pongteh because I added chicken into it. For a little more flavour, I modified that recipe with another... sort of like a hybrid and added a cinnamon stick with a few cloves. Just thought some of you might be interested. =P Needless to say (Haha!), it was a success! My potatoes were a little mushy. Cooked them a tad longer than I would have liked to but seriously, it was a success! Cheers!

First Dr. Pepper.
Most of you have probably never heard of Dr. Pepper. So, here's what the basic can looks like...

Kind of looks like your normal coke and no, it's not a drink made from pepper! Haha! Trust me, I'm sure some people will ask you that question one day if you happen to be drinking it. So, it's a famous drink in the US. Heard a lot about it. Always wondered about it. Never thought that I would have the chance to try it that day in Kings Cross just as we sauntered past The British Lolly Shop! How to let go this chance right? So I bought it! The shop owner was damn nice too, offering a few of us a sweet or well, those who were willing to take the sweet from it. I remembered that there were a lot of weary stares, unsure. Haha, never take a sweet from a stranger right? Aiya, I took the sweet anyway and so did two more of us. =P Our parents will be so proud. I was expecting a taste similar to Coca-Cola eventhough I have heard of Dr. Pepper's unique taste and fuck man, was it unique or what?! It's like this taste that you can't categorise. Not here, not there. The most common comment about it was that it tasted like a syrup you took for fevers.

I did not finish the can. Left about 1/5 of it. It also tastes nothing like pepper!

First Dining Experience in Juju.
Awesome place. A little pricey for the average student as well as your everyday-dining-needs. Finally got to go there. That place is always so packed and it doesn't help that it has limited seats. I found the part where we had to take our shoes off and put them in plastic bags pretty damn funny. A little troublesome too but the food made up for it. Sukiyaki was great! So was the BBQ but is that really a BBQ if it's done in stock? Haha. Great stuff anyway.

First Locked-Out-of-Room Experience.
Today, I experienced the very unforgettable experience of being locked out of my room. The very first time in this house. I guess the previous one doesn't really count because I forgot my wallet which had my keys in it... so hehe and it was in a different house anyway. Locked out for 5 hours!!! FIVE FREAKING HOURS. Thank God I was busy cooking and had the PS2 and also a couple of friends to entertain me. My stupid doorknob (which technically can't be stupid because it does not have a brain.) has this really weird habit of turning the lock back to the "locked" state if my lock is not entirely turned back. Not sure whether that even made sense to you. Anyways, that must have happened while I was in the kitchen and then a draft blew in through the window and BANG went my door. Nice. Maybe it was retribution for throwing soap water in S's face. HAHA. Then, is it a sign that God exists? @_@

Oh well, who cares and I secretly enjoyed the throwing so much that being locked out wasn't that bad anyway. ;P Whoops, guess it isn't a secret anymore! HEHE.

First Time To A Strip Club.
WOOHOO! More about this next time. xP
blog comments powered by Disqus